Split Rock Lighthouse
After a wild November storm in 1905 in which 29 ships were lost or damaged on Lake Superior (one wreck is within sight of the lighthouse), congress funded the construction of light at Split Rock. Put into service in 1910, it was active until 1969; it became a state historic site & park in 1971 and remains one of the North Shore’s kenspeckle landmarks and the most photographed lighthouse int he country.
On matte coated poster stock. 13 x 19 inches.
TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK